星期四, 6月 20, 2019

雖然

雖然


Nevertheless

We can't act on your advice. Nevertheless, thank you for giving it.
我們不能照你的建議去辦。不過承蒙您提出來,十分感謝。


She was angry; nevertheless, she listened to me.
她很生氣,但還是聽了我的話。


even so
There are many spelling mistakes; even so it's quite a good essay.
這篇文章有許多拼寫錯誤, 然而仍不失之為好文章。


The book is rather old; even so, it is very useful.
這本書已很舊, 儘管如此, 它還是很有用。


however
anyway


For all that, I still feel that he is the most capable man in our organization. 
儘管這樣, 我還是認為他是我們組織裡最有能力的人。


Despite being sick, Grace went to work. 
(儘管生病,葛蕾絲還是去工作)


In spite of being very tired, I stayed awake. 
儘管非常疲倦,我仍保持清醒)

For all that, I still feel that he is the most capable man in our organization.
儘管這樣, 我還是認為他是我們組織裡最有能力的人。


Although you refuse to answer, I understand it all the same. 
你雖然不回答, 但我仍然知道。

She is not very intelligent, but I like her all the same. 
她不很聰明, 但我仍然喜歡她。


He's a bit naughty, but I like him all the same. 
他有點頑皮,可是我還是喜歡他。


adv.不顧一切地
he protested, but they carried on regardless 
他提出了抗議,但他們毫不理會,照常進行


adj.形容詞
1. 不注意的,不留心的;不關心的
I'll take the job regardless of the pay. 
不管報酬多少我都要這份工作。

prep.介系詞  1. 【書】儘管
Notwithstanding the bad weather, the match went on. 
儘管天氣很糟,比賽還是照常進行。


conj.連接詞  1. 【書】雖然,儘管
Notwithstanding he tried hard, he failed in chemistry. 
儘管很努力,他化學考試還是沒及格。


adv.副詞  1. 【書】儘管,還是
Her parents tried to prevent the marriage but the wedding took place notwithstanding
她父母試圖阻止這樁婚姻,儘管如此,婚事還是舉行了。


At the precise moment the train started. 
就在那時,火車啟動了。

沒有留言: